HoneyBucket 50/50 Weekly Draw
The Elks is proud to present the greatest thing since flushing toilets; the prize pot that never empties; the easiest way to spend $2; the brand-stinkin' new...
Support the Elks and your Yellowknife community, and win cash in the process!
Draws are every Friday at 7:30pm at the Elks Lodge. Register as many numbers as you want, and enter them each week (for $2.00 each) before Thursday for your chance to take home the prize pot! But WATCH OUT, if your number is drawn and you didn't enter/play for that week, the cash is carried over to the next draw.
Where to Enter
Look for a HoneyBucket bin at these fine locations:
- Elks Lodge (debit/credit accepted)
- Deaver & Devore
Ensure you never miss a draw by paying in advance. Pre-payments are accepted for up to one year in advance for valid registered numbers. Speak to the Elks Lodge for details.
What happens to your Toonie
In true 50/50 form, one dollar is instantly added to the prize pot. The more entries we receive, the bigger the prize pot. The second dollar is split into the community. Then, after we pay the game's operating expenses, we give 55% directly back to Yellowknife and the North Slave region through our funding and scholarship programs, and we use 45% to help the Elks grow and stay active in our community.
How to Play
- You may register and enter the HoneyBucket draw at anytime and as many times as desired. To register, complete a registration card available at all HoneyBucket stations, insert the registration portion into the HoneyBucket bin, and retain the portion with your new HoneyBucket number. Registration cards must be accompanied by a paid entry (a $2 coin with a sticker, or see number 6 for subscription information) to be activated.
- Registration cards are collected from all HoneyBucket bins each week, and the information from each card is added to the registration list. (It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is kept up to date with the Elks.)
- Once activated, your registration is left in the draw drum for 4 months from your last paid entry.
- To enter each draw, write your number(s) on the stickers supplied. Place the sticker on a $2 coin (Toonie), and drop the Toonie into any HoneyBucket bin. It is your responsibility to ensure that the numbers are clear and legible.
- You may pay a maximum of one Toonie per number, per week, at any of the HoneyBucket bin locations.
- Subscriptions or advance payments up to one year are possible by a one-time overpayment of a registered number. Make cheques payable to Yellowknife Elks Lodge #314, and write your number on the memo line of the cheque and drop it and your registration portion of the blue card into the Honey Bucket Box, or visit the Elks Lodge to pay by debit/credit.
- Official draw closing date is Wednesday at midnight. Bin contents are collected on Thursday, and draw collection dates are updated on each bin once collected.
- On Friday, at or about 7:30pm at the Elks Lodge, one number is drawn from the drum. If the number has been entered or paid for the week, the winner is announced; if not, the prize money is carried forward to the next draw.
- The winning participant's number and prize amount will be shown on the Elks' website and other media outlets, and the winner will be contacted by phone and/or email.
- Valid photo identification is required to collect prizes.
- To discontinue your HoneyBucket registration, contact the Elks Lodge at email@example.com or (867) 873-4563.
- Youmust be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to play.
Rules & Regulations
The following Rules & Regulations are subject to change. To obtain a copy of these Rules, contact the Elks Lodge. [Updated: February 8, 2015]
1. DESCRIPTION: The Elks’ Honey Bucket Weekly 50/50 Draw is a weekly raffle whereby players register a pre-printed number for continual use, and entries are purchased once per week or by pre-paid subscription at the Elks Lodge and selected venues within the city of Yellowknife, with the cut-off time for each draw being Wednesday at midnight. Each Friday evening, one valid registered number is drawn at random. If the registered number has been entered/paid into the draw, the winning entrant is notified and announced at the Elks Lodge and through the media; if not, the prize money is left unclaimed and added to the next draw’s prize. The winner of each draw takes home half of the proceeds from that week’s collection, as well as any unclaimed prize monies from previous draws.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Raffle is open to residents of the Northwest Territories who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Administrative employees of Yellowknife Elks Lodge #314, their immediate families and their household members are not eligible to enter or win. This raffle is subject to all applicable Federal, Territorial and Municipal laws.
3. REGISTRATION: The player must register a pre-printed number in order to enter each draw. To register, the player completes a registration form at the Yellowknife Elks Lodge or at any of the designated raffle stations in Yellowknife, then deposits the completed left-hand portion of the form into the bin provided and keeps the right-hand portion as a receipt. The number is pre-printed on both portions of the registration card. The registration is activated and valid once the number is entered/paid into a draw. Registrations that are not activated within 16 weeks are marked invalid. Activated registrations remain valid for 16 weeks from the last recorded paid entry, after which the registration is deemed invalid and the player must re-register. There is no limit on the numbers a player may register. REGISTERED NUMBERS MUST BE ENTERED INTO EACH DRAW TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. The player may discontinue a registered number by contacting the Elks.
4. ENTRIES: Once a number is registered by the player, it may be entered into each draw by individual purchase per week and/or by pre-payment for future draws. To purchase entries, the player visits a HoneyBucket raffle station located at the Elks Lodge or selected retailers in Yellowknife. The player writes their registered number onto one of the circular stickers provided, places the sticker on a two-dollar coin (or “toonie”), and deposits the toonie into the bin provided. Pre-payment or subscriptions may be made by placing a sticker on paper money valued over $5.00, or by cheque. Payments are also accepted at the Elks Lodge, and a receipt marked with a registered number will serve as proof of payment. Pre-paid entries are automatically entered into each and every draw within the pre-paid term. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER DRAW PER REGISTERED NUMBER IS PERMITTED.
5. ENTRY COLLECTION: The closing date for each draw is Wednesday at midnight. All entries are collected from all HoneyBucket raffle stations on Thursdays. At each station, notice is given that the station has been collected, and for which draw the bin is currently collecting. It is the player’s responsibility to ensure an entry is received prior to collection.
6. DRAWING: The drawing will be held on or about 7:30pm on Friday. One valid registered number will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible registrations received. The draw will be conducted by Yellowknife Elks Lodge #314, whose decision is final and binding. If the selected number does not have a corresponding paid entry for the draw, the draw is deemed as not won and the prize money is carried forward to the next available draw. If the selected number has a corresponding paid entry, the winner will be notified by phone and/or email, and the winning number will be posted on the Elks website (www.ykelks.com) and announced on CJCD 100.1FM. One winning number will be selected each week.
7. PRIZES: Each weekly prize will consist of 50% of the total raffle ticket revenue collected during the applicable draw, plus any residual prize monies not awarded from previous draws. Taxes, if any, will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The cash prize will be paid to the winner by cheque within 4 days of the date the prize is claimed. Winners must provide valid government-issued photo identification to claim a prize.
8. ODDS: The odds of winning the grand prize are 1/the total number of valid registrations received.
9. SPOILED OR INVALID ENTRIES: Registrations are deemed invalid if the name, address, phone number and/or email address on the registration form are illegible by the Elks. Entries are deemed invalid if the numbered sticker is illegible by the Elks, the number has not been successfully registered, or the number’s registration has expired. Entries may be spoiled if the numbered sticker is not securely fastened to the two-dollar coin, or if improper coins or payment is used. The Elks is not responsible for any spoiled or invalid entries or registrations.
10. REFUNDS: Monies collected from spoiled or invalid entries, or numbers entered more than once per draw, are forfeited to the Elks. Refunds will not be issued for any reason or under any circumstance on any payments.
11. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Yellowknife Elks Lodge #314 (the “Elks”) and will not be returned. The Elks assumes no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible or incomplete registrations, entries or prize claims. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use by the Elks and its designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission. By participating in this raffle, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Elks and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release the Elks, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability of any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in this raffle or resulting from acceptance, or use/misuse of the prize. The Elks reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the raffle, violates the Rules & Regulations, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION THE CONTEST RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ELKS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a court of law within the Northwest Territories.; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event lawyers' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules & Regulations, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Elks in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Northwest Territories, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the Northwest Territories or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Northwest Territories. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ELKS OR ITS RELATED ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS RAFFLE.
13. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Elks’ Honey Bucket 50/50 Winners, c/o Yellowknife Elks Lodge #314, PO Box 753, Stn. Main, Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2N6. The Winners List is limited to winners within 6-months of receipt of request.